shack is a solution to help roommates live harmoniously together. Create a roommate agreement for your household and easily access the agreement details through your dashboard instead of looking up various PDFs and emails. Users also have the option to create household-wide notes, for those times when a post-it on the fridge isn’t enough.
This was my capstone project for Lighthouse Labs’ web development bootcamp. It was built in 2 weeks remotely due to the COVID-19 lockdown procedures. The front-end is built with React + Typescript and Chakra UI for our component library. The back-end is built with PostgreSQL and an API-only Ruby on Rails backend. The roommate agreement PDF is hosted on S3 and served through Cloudfront.
What I did:
- In a team of two, planned and created the database schema and migrations
- Designed and built the responsive dashboard front-end
- Built and implemented the multi-step form for the roommate agreement generator using Formik and React Router
- Implemented roommate agreement PDF generator with wicked_pdf generator, S3 and Cloudfront
- Built and implemented Notes feature